So today I have 2 new recipes for you. They are “breakfast muffin” and a “stuffed potato”. Clearly these are my own variations of recipes I saw online. So for breakfast to go along with my cereal (yeah I have given oatmeal a break) is this:
Looks pretty weird but that’s okay. To make these all you need is
- Egg ( I used an egg white substitute…the one that comes in the carton)
- Turkey Sausage ( I used the Jimmy Dean Sausage Scrambles)
- Spinach (Cut up of course)
- Cheese (I used shredded pepper jack)
For each one I used the equivalent to one egg. You can add other things of course but since I make 2 every morning I like to keep it basic. I was using cupcake holders but I think I am going to try it tomorrow without them. So if it’s a disaster check out my IG for the results (@iheartbrilove of course) O and now back to the directions.
- Mix all the egg, sausage, and spinach together
- Pour in a cupcake pan
- Cook in the oven at 350°F for about 20 mins.
- Add the cheese to the top. (I added it to the middle this morning and it did not cook very well)
Super quick and easy and it takes pretty good. Plus according to myFitnessPal its only 75 calories per muffin. This brings me to my next point…WATCH HOW MUCH CHEESE YOU USE. The type of egg you use will also determine how many calories.
Next is my stuffed potato: (Ugh it was so yummy)
- Sweet Potato
- 1 Green Pepper
- Spinach (Clearly I am on a spinach hype)
- 3 oz. skinless boneless chicken breast
- Red Wine Vinegar
- The Powder Italian dressing (found it in the dressing section at Walmart)
So I tried to stick to recommended servings for everything. Except the powder since I used it’s more as a marinade rather than a dressing. Once I finished cooking it I took it out the sauce. Ok so here is how I did it:
For the Chicken
- Once it’s completely defrosted, use a meat tenderizer to make them all fairly the same depth ( recommend covering them with plastic wrap to minimize mess)
- Sprinkle a small amount of garlic powder on each side
- Let them sit
- For 1 pack of the Italian dressing powder: add 1/3 cup of water, 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar (any vinegar of your choice really), I Tbsp. of olive oil
- Mix it all together until everything is dissolved
- Lay your chicken in a baking pan and cover in marinade, flip them over and pour the rest of marinade
- Add more water if you like
- Cover and let it cook at 350
For the Sweet Potatoes:
- Rinse the potatoes off.
- Quickest way for me to cook them is to line my oven with aluminum foil and lay them on top.
- Heat oven to 350 and let it bake until soft. I think baking them in the oven gives a better flavor than boiling them
- Once done (and cooled off…don’t do like me and burn your fingers cause you are hungry) peel the skin (even though I’ve heard the skin is really good to eat.)
For the Veggies
- Spray pan with olive oil
- Slice the screen pepper into strips and sprinkle with some black pepper
- Sautéed to your liking
- Spray another pan with olive oil and add a little garlic powder
- Load the pan with your spinach (4 cups of spinach is around 23 calories!!!)
- Sauté to your liking
How to assemble everything when it’s done. Quiet simple
- Open the potato (well I kind of mushed mines open)
- Add the green peppers
- Add the Spinach
- Slice the chicken into strips
- Add chicken to the top (usually 1 3 oz. piece per meal)
- Total Calories (according to myfitnesspal = 263 calories)
So until the next burst of thought….HAPPY EATINGS.