Another day, another dollar, another HAIR PRODUCT REVIEW!!!! Yes I know I have been killing them lately but I do not apologize. I have been just trying some new things and I have decided YOU NEED some enrichment lol. (OOO HERES THE VIDEO) SOoO for today I am going to talk to you about a product you may have not heard about unless you have been attending some natural hair events. AND that is the DAMI All Natural Hair Moisturizer. So let’s do the usual break down:
- What does it claim to do?
According to the little brochure I received with it and the website, it says the this product “prevents breakage and enhances your true hair texture while adding softness and luster by sealing in moisture from the root to the ends of your hair”
- Where can you buy it?
On the website http://www.thecurlydiva.com
- What is it made with?
The ingredients are Shea Butter, Mango Butter, Cocoa Butter, Jojoba Oil, Caster Oil, Avocado Oil, Aloe Vera Gel, ProVitamin B5, Palm Stearic Acid (100% Palm derived)
Some Ingredient Breakdown (why it’s good for your hair)
- Shea Butter – Natural Hair conditioner, softener, sealant, UV protection (Read more: http://www.mynaturalblackhair.com/shea-butter-benefits/)
- Mango Butter – Great Moisturizer, promotes cell regeneration, high levels of antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and E. (Read more: http://www.revitaliseyourhealth.com/the-benefits-mango-butter-for-your-hair/)
- Cocoa Butter – High in Vitamin E, increases hair resilience, adds shine and increases tensile strength (Read More: http://blackhair101.com/hair-care/cocoa-butter-hair-benefits)
- Jojoba Oil – moisturizer, promotes cell growth, antibacterial (Read More: http://www.worldofhair.com/hair/jojoba-oil.htm)
- Castor Oil – moisturize hair, combats dry scalp, promotes hair growth (Read more: http://www.long-healthy-hair-advisor.com/castor-oil-for-hair.html)
- Avocado Oil – can aid with thinning hair, dandruff, hair fall out, has a lot of nutrients (Read more: http://kinkycurlycoilyme.com/avocado-oil-for-hair/)
- Aloe Vera Gel- promotes hair growth, reduces dandruff, natural conditioner, helps tame the frizz(Read more: http://blackgirllonghair.com/2012/01/4-hair-benefits-of-aloe-vera/)
- What does it smell like?
It does not have a special smell. In my opinion it just smells like Shea butter.
- How’s the shelf life?
Because it’s a natural hair product there are some storage restrictions. For example it says keep it in a dry place under 70 degrees and you are supposed to refrigerate after opening. It does not do well in terms of traveling by plane unless it’s in your carryon.
- Does it work like it claims?
I have been using it as a sealant at night and as long as you follow the instructions it does work as a good sealant.
- How did I use it?
I have been using it as a sealant especially if I plan on rocking a twist out or something the following day. It definitely worked better when my hair was damped as opposed to all the way dry or right out of the shower. I also prefer to use this product after a couple days rather than a fresh wash. Otherwise it made my hair crunchy. O and another benefit to this product is that I use it as a body lotion when I get out the shower. My body loves Shea butter and apparently mango butter as well.
- Would I buy again?
I received these products after I won a giveaway and just decided to do this review. As I stated in my video (CLICK HERE IF YOU WANT TO SEE) I use butters more in the winter time when I feel my hair drying out or not feeling great. I prefer creamier sealants in the summer time. So when I finally get rid of all the products in my bathroom (yeah definitely a product junkie in rehab) then I could consider this product as my go to Shea butter.
- Thumbs up or Thumbs down?
Thumbs up for me. Everyone has different ways that their hair responds so I say try this out for yourself. You hair may just soak it up and love it and if not, well that’s fine too because it makes a great lotion. So if you use it let me know what you think.
So that’s my review for you guys. Let’s continue to support each other and I hope you guys enjoyed the read. Any questions or anything feel free to leave a comment and I will respond as promptly as possible.
Until the next burst of thought….XoXo