Yep it is time for another edition of “Single Girl Survival” because as the weather is changing I have come across a couple of new issues that I just feel I need to vent about. So without further babbling I hope you enjoy these tidbits:
- CLOSE YOUR DRAINS (Woke up to the biggest spider chillaxing in my bathtub)
- Either switch to a smaller trash can or go for the scented bags: If you are like me you do not accumulate enough garbage to take the trash out even though you usually do because the smell of decaying things is always horrid.
- The Mosquitoes have awakened and found your door sanctuary…Spray your door or you will be greeted everyday
- Owning a Sam’s club card living in a one bedroom apartment is not bad. It means you can buy all the toiletries once a year and be fine. The only drawback is trying to find a place to store everything.
- Invest in a fan: Might as well pay for all the air to be on your instead of trying to chill your entire house (SUMMER ELECTRICITY BILLS ARE BORDERLINE RAPE)
- Candles are AMAZING: I recommend changing the scents based on the season so it gives your house a fresh smell and you won’t get sick of anything. ($3.50 Wallflowers right now just an FYI)
- Ensure that all your screens are properly put on your windows…if you don’t…you will know by the wasp trying to build a nest in your window
- IT IS POSSIBLE TO KILL A CACTUS (if you water it like a regular plant)
- Peace lilies can survive in almost anything and they are natural air purifiers (THINK ABOUT IT)
So from this your list of things to own are as follows:
- Scented Trash Bags (Get them from Sam’s club and you wont have to buy them for at least 6 months)
- Mosquito spray (natural or not…your choice)
- Plants… (Avoid cactus if you are a newbie)
- Fan (Doesn’t have to be fancy…but it should probably oscillate)
- Candles and/or wallflowers
- Drain Plugs (Lowes or Home Depot)
I actually enjoy making these and I hope you find them funny and somewhat helpful as well.
If you missed Part 1 Click Here